Padd Solutions

Converted by Falcon Hive


Producing a front cover and a contents page for college magazine.


As this is the beginning of the foundation portfolio preliminary task we looked at how the media key concepts could be applied to produce a college magazine, I used the acronym L.I.I.A.R. This means Language, Institution, Ideology, Audience and Representation.

Language - This involves the layout; for example the masthead, dateline, main image, model credit, coverlines, main coverlines, bar code and the selling line.

Institution - The institution is Wyke College, as I am creating the magazine I will imagine that I am working for the college.

Ideology - The values and beliefs the magazine will be portraying. A magazine for the college will be made to promote the college and provide an insight to current events at the college. It will also

Audience - As its a magazine made for the college, it's target audience will be the students of the college, more specifically students aged 16-19. It will have sections aimed at teachers and parents of the students.

Representation - The magazine will need to reflect the college's attitudes but also include issues that students can relate to, specifically having areas of the magazines designed to appeal to the students, written by students, as well as having more formal sections designed to appeal to teachers and parents.